Alan Freeman 2003 NB - prep for track days

Lägg upp en tråd om din egen banåkarbil! Info, bilder, nya uppdateringar osv.
Trollhattal
Medlem MX-5 Racing Club

Alan Freeman 2003 NB - prep for track days

Post by Trollhattal »

Hi all,
I've owned my mx for 9 years and have run it on a few track days & at the ring. At the end of last summer I decided that it was time to roll up sleeves, prep the car, join a club and enjoy some of the tracks here in Sweden. So I hope to get involved, meet some of you and have fun!

Come-on summer!

PS - please feel free to answer in swedish as I can speak and read, my written swedish takes time and is ..... messy-
Alan Freeman,
2003 Sport:Rotrex C30 - 74 Intercooled:Fidanza Al Flywheel :Exedy St 1 Clutch:TR Lane Rollover bar::K&N Coilovers:Konig dial in 15x8:Federal 205-50 595 RSR
You wouldn't understand my written Swedish.... but I can understand yours!
chriss

Re: Alan Freeman 2003 NB - prep for track days

Post by chriss »

Welcome!
Kolla in kalendern och boka bandagarna!
Chriss Rice
Göteborg
Victor
Medlem MX-5 Racing Club

Post by Victor »

Välkommen! Jag ser i din signatur att du kör med Rotrex, vilket kit har du? Kraftwerks, eller något annat?
Porsche Cayman S "3400 RT" -09 Rennen Touring Edition
Tidigare: Mazda MX-5 1,8 -99 Autocross Edition
Grocery getter: Subaru Legacy 2,5i Station -09 Rally/Utility/Touring Edition
Trollhattal
Medlem MX-5 Racing Club

Post by Trollhattal »

Hi Viktor
"Välkommen! Jag ser i din signatur att du kör med Rotrex, vilket kit har du? Kraftwerks, eller något annat?"
I've got a Rotrex C30-74 - supplied by CCR racing - Denmark. They will supply a kit and re-map the OEM ECU.

//Alan
Alan Freeman,
2003 Sport:Rotrex C30 - 74 Intercooled:Fidanza Al Flywheel :Exedy St 1 Clutch:TR Lane Rollover bar::K&N Coilovers:Konig dial in 15x8:Federal 205-50 595 RSR
Victor
Medlem MX-5 Racing Club

Post by Victor »

Trollhattal wrote:Hi Viktor
Välkommen! Jag ser i din signatur att du kör med Rotrex, vilket kit har du? Kraftwerks, eller något annat?
I've got a Rotrex C30-74 - supplied by CCR racing - Denmark. They will supply a kit and re-map the OEM ECU.

//Alan
I'll take it in english, it feels a bit strange with communication in two different languages in different directions. :lol:

That sounds interesting, I don't live that far from Denmark. CCR only lists a kit with C30-60 on their website but obviously C30-74 (needs a different bracket according to the drawings) is also possible to get. More questions: :banana:

Do you run an intercooler?
How much boost?
What pulley size?
Are there any restrictor in the supercharger inlet (to be able to run higher speed to get boost earlier and cut some boost at the top)?

/Victor
Does the solution with re-mapped OEM ECU work fine?
Porsche Cayman S "3400 RT" -09 Rennen Touring Edition
Tidigare: Mazda MX-5 1,8 -99 Autocross Edition
Grocery getter: Subaru Legacy 2,5i Station -09 Rally/Utility/Touring Edition
Trollhattal
Medlem MX-5 Racing Club

Post by Trollhattal »

That sounds interesting, I don't live that far from Denmark. CCR only lists a kit with C30-60 on their website but obviously C30-74 (needs a different bracket according to the drawings) is also possible to get. More questions: :banana:

Do you run an intercooler - yes 75X300X140... approx

How much boost? - no boost gauge fitted yet. Rough calculations show 200 hp (crank) at 5000RPM so prob 5-6 PSI. (rough calculations based on iPhone apps and OBD dumps.) Will dyno later (see restrictor question below)
What pulley size? -85mm
Are there any restrictor in the supercharger inlet (to be able to run higher speed to get boost earlier and cut some boost at the top)? - No -but the set up should have a restrictor, it didn't arrive with the kit, am looking into the possibility to fit bigger injectors and custom ecu if not then back up plan is to fit the restrictor.

Does the solution with re-mapped OEM ECU work fine? Yes excepting the fact that the restrictor didn't arrive which effectively causes the power to flatten at 5K (lack of fuel). Start and idle and performance up to 5k faultless,

Note I fitted the kit at the tail end of last season so have only driven a few km, avoiding high revs (and potential knock)

Hope this helps.
//Alan
Alan Freeman,
Niklas H
Medlem MX-5 Racing Club

Post by Niklas H »

Hi Alan.

You really need to get this car to some of the auto-x'es or rak days this season.

Before I went with turbo I looked for a rotrex setup for a long time, however, this was before kraftwerks etc.
I really like the centrifugals and it would be great to see one in the metal, and compare it to my own car.
Niklas Holmlöv